Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life Is A Highway

3 posters

Go down

Life Is A Highway Empty Life Is A Highway

Post by Bibi Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:04 am

From CBC: Shania will be featured in a new CBC-TV (Canada) two-hour documentary titled "Life Is A Highway: Canadian Pop Music In The '90s." The show will air in two parts on Thursday, September 15th and Thursday, September 22nd at 8:00pm ET/PT. The documentary contains interview footage with Shania's friends and archival performances of "Any Man Of Mine" and "Don't Be Stupid."

Life Is A Highway: Canadian Pop Music In The '90s

It was the decade marked by hit songs from Canadian performers as diverse as Tom Cochrane, Sloan, Loreena McKennitt, The Tragically Hip, Shania Twain, Blue Rodeo, Céline Dion, Moxy Früvous, Barenaked Ladies, Great Big Sea, Jann Arden…the list of great performers and their classic songs goes on and on! It was the 1990s, and it’s celebrated in the new, two-part documentary LIFE IS A HIGHWAY: Canadian Pop Music in the ’90s.

The ’90s were boom years in Canadian music, with record-breaking sales and more international success stories than ever before. LIFE IS A HIGHWAY looks at this explosive period, when Canada’s superstar divas and rock gods shared the charts with DIY indie bands, Celtic virtuosos, worldbeat ensembles and hip-hop heroes. For the sheer variety of different types of pop music exploding onto the music scene from coast to coast to coast, the 1990s was an unparalleled decade.

Featuring thrilling performance footage and candid interviews with such major stars as Sarah McLachlan, Tom Cochrane, kd lang, Barenaked Ladies, Jann Arden and The Tragically Hip, as well as alternative music groups like Rheostatics, Sloan and Dream Warriors, LIFE IS A HIGHWAY explores this hit-laden era in Canadian music. The two-hour documentary presents over 40 of the decade’s most unforgettable songs, from Alanis Morissette’s “You Oughta Know” and Shania Twain’s “Any Man of Mine” to Snow’s “Informer” and Bran Van 3000’s “Drinking in L.A.”

Other performers taking a star turn in the specials include Bryan Adams, Crash Test Dummies, Lhasa, Ron Sexsmith, Les Colocs, Jean Leloup, Ashley MacIsaac, Rascalz, Spirit of the West, The Rankin Family, Natalie MacMaster & Jesse Cook, The Doughboys, The Odds, Bass is Base, Choclair, La Bottine Souriante, Big Sugar, The Tea Party, and Our Lady Peace.

LIFE IS A HIGHWAY is the latest installment in the critically-acclaimed series from the same team that brought you the specials Shakin’ All Over, This Beat Goes On and Rise Up, chronicling Canadian pop music in, respectively, the 1960s, ’70s and ’80s.

As with the previous episodes of this decade-by-decade music documentary series, the film showcases not only the Canadian music of the decade, but includes interviews with artists of the ’90s and those who followed them - all sharing personal observations about influential musicians and their songs.

LIFE IS A HIGHWAY covers the time when Canadian music, in all its ragged glory, truly came of age.

Hosted and narrated once again by Jian Ghomeshi (who also appears in this installment performing with his own band, Moxy Früvous), LIFE IS A HIGHWAY is directed Gary McGroarty and written by Nicholas Jennings. Producers are Gary McGroarty, Nicholas Jennings, Luc Châtelain and Nick Orchard. Executive producers are Nick Orchard and Luc Châtelain.

This will be the tracklist of those 2 hours of documentary:

Hour 1
Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane
Everything I Do, I Do It For You - Bryan Adams
Supermans's Song - Crash Test Dummies
Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm - Crash Test Dummies
Constant Craving - kd lang
Save This House - Spirit of the West
Fare Thee Well Love - The Rankin Family
Consequence Free - Great Big Sea
La rap a ti-petang - La Bottine Souriante
Sleepy Maggie - Ashley MacIsaac and Mary Jane Lamond
Reel Rumba - Natalie MacMaster and Jesse Cook
Coax Me - Sloan
Shine - Doughboys
It Falls Apart - The Odds
Grace, Too - The Tragically Hip
The Lady of Shalot - Loreena McKennitt
King of Spain - Moxy Fruvous
If I Had a $1,000,000, One Week - Barenaked Ladies
Claire - Rheostatics

Hour 2
L'amour Existe Encoure, Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion
Building a Mystery - Sarah McLachlan
Any Man of Mine - Shania Twain
Don't Be Stupid - Shania Twain
You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette
Ludi - Dream Warriors
Informer - Snow
Funkmobile - Bass is Base
1990 - Jean Leloup
Drinking in LA - Bran Van 3000
Northern Touch - Rascalz
Hasn't Hit me Yet - Blue Rodeo
Secret Heart - Ron Sexsmith
Could I Be Your Girl - Jann Arden
Clumsy - Our Lady Peace
Save Me - Tea Party
Le Celestina - Lhasa
Turn the Lights On - Big Sugar
Tassez-vous de la - Les Colocs
Bobcaygeon - The Tragically Hip

LIFE IS A HIGHWAY
Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:00 PM on CBC-TV
Saturday September 17 at 10 pm ET/PT on CBC News Network
Bibi
Bibi

Back to top Go down

Life Is A Highway Empty Re: Life Is A Highway

Post by ravshania Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:45 pm

thanks for the info bounce
ravshania
ravshania

Back to top Go down

Post by faithfully Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:47 pm

So what was the documentary like? Very Happy
faithfully
faithfully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bibi Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:35 pm

i don't know Sad I can't watched it because I don't have that channel Sad hope somebody could say something around the net Smile
Bibi
Bibi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum