The NOT So Serious Music News

:: Entertainment :: Music

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The NOT So Serious Music News

Post by FinnFreak on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:55 pm

Saturday, 27 August 2011

Jordan paid more not to release her planned album

The nation's favourite former wife of Peter Andre, Jordan is said to be in talks about her new album.

The planned release, which will feature Ms Price singing the songs of Jedward, Rod, Jane and Freddy, Shania Twain, and Megadeth in a way that is the aural equivalent of fingernails down a blackboard will hopefully be in shops for Christmas, but the planned musical smorgasbord has hit a snag, with the popular talent vacuum being offered more money not to release the monstrosity on an unsuspecting public.

Peter Moneytowaste from the Clashing colours record company told us: 'We offered Jordan, sorry Katie Price a lot of money to work on this album, when she said that she was offered twice as much money not to spend any time in a recording studio. We were really looking forward to getting her in the studio, and experimenting with her vocal cords on Autotune and everything, but it may not happen. We offered her £50.00 to record with us, but Simon Cowell offered her £100 not to bother, so she went for his offer instead. She may not be popular, but she knows how to make a lot of money without really trying'.

Mr Moneytowaste is said to be thinking of a similar trick with Jedward. 'With them it does not even have to be money. I am thinking that some magic beans and some shiny milk bottle tops would be enough for them'.

Dag nam it, and there was I,
looking forward to playing on
her album

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s4i99542

John -
FinnFreak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The NOT So Serious Music News

Post by Matthew on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:39 am

I would've listened to it out of curiosity......

Matthew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:30 am

Money well spent. Laughing
Paul
Admin

View user profile http://thenewshaniaforums.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FinnFreak on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:31 pm

BEST classical performance EVER:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpcUxwpOQ_A

John - Very Happy
FinnFreak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FinnFreak on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:21 pm

MEGACHEF - ROCK N' ROLL COOKWARE:

Megachef Limited is proud to announce a brand new range of Rock n' Roll Cookware now available at www.megachef.co.uk. In the ever expanding and fashionable world of cooking, Megachef brings a whole new range of quality cooking products to the table.

A huge slice of our products come on a quirky bed of jest with a twist of humour, a pinch of parody, all neatly wrapped up in a tongue of cheek. Our other products are just as cool and practical, and a complete necessity for any aspiring cook, chef or indeed general dogsbody, with a passion for music and fun. We will develop and expand the Megachef range and stay true to our word: For Those About To Cook, We Supply You!

Enter Sandwichman
Never Mind The Scallops
Chef Leppard
We Are The Champignons
666 - Number of the Feast
Food Fighters
Sweet Chilli 'O' Mine
For Those About To Wok
Master Of Nuggets

John - Laughing
FinnFreak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Ingenious names.

I bet someone was up all night coming up with them.

Nothing Shania related though Sad

Matthew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FinnFreak on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:57 pm

Man! I Feel Like Eating Some Melon!
Pudding For Two
(If You're Not Into Lox) I'm Outta Here!
The Wasabi in Me
Turnips Don't Impress Me Much

John - Razz
FinnFreak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Do Your Christmas Shopping --- NOW!!!

Post by FinnFreak on Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:40 am

Forged almost entirely from thermoplastic polymers, this CD contains over 26 popular Christmas tracks such as the theme from that movie about the big boat and that other one about the two guys.

An excellent stocking stuffer for both that special person in your life, and people you hardly know.

AVAILABLE NOW

REVIEWS - overall rating:

Thanks for the xmas present dichead. Is this really the kind of thing you do in your spare time? You need to get a life. I listened to about 1 second of it and threw it in the bin. Don't send me your stupid shit and I expect the stuff about me on the website to be deleted. I spoke to a lawyer and he said I could sue you for defamation.
- Lucius Thaller, Courier

What the fuck is this supposed to be? I played it in the car on the way to work and it is just you humming. I put up with it for about 10 seconds and skipped to the next track and it is just more humming. The whole thing is you humming.
- Simon Dempsey, Graphic Designer

World's worst Christmas album. Ever.
- Andrew Whittaker, Programmer

Thanks for the CD. Just thought you might like to know that you can hear a dog barking outside on the track called That exciting bit in Excalibur.
- Daniel Peters, Account Rep

I got your cafepress order today. Is this really a whole CD of you humming? None of the songs on it are even Christmas songs apart from track 4 the one about the tree and I can hear you making a coffee and stirring it. Is this really my xmas present?
- Shannon Walkley, Secretary

How is the Neighbours theme a christmas song? And you called it "A song about people by that guy". Worst cd I have ever heard.
- Jason Lowe, Magazine Editor

Not interested in your rubbish. Next time you think "I will send Peter something stupid" just dont.
- Peter Williams, Shark whisperer

Man that is just sad. I lol'd and then I put it on and listened to it and I was embarrassed for you. Did you seriously sit there and hum the whole thing? I was pushing the next button every time you started humming. I don't even want it in the house in case someone accidentally plays it again.
- Mark Pearcy, Jewellry Designer

Hi, I got your cd in the post today. If this is really my present I hope you are not expecting anything good from me this year.
1. It is just humming.
2. The cover photo and track titles are just tragic.
3. It says Christmas classics but there are no christmas songs.
4. The titles on the back just say "that song from that thing" etc.
5. You can hear you washing dishes and stuff.
- Jenny Leavesly, Photographer

Received your christmas present. You should definately get some kind of professional help. How much did this cost you to make?
- Donna Gillespie, Illustrator

Merry Christmas to you too and thanks for the music cd. The track listings made me laugh. One of the guys came in to see what I listening to and he said it sounded like you were one of those kids with down syndrome.
- Jaimie Holding, Copy writer

Thanks for the worst cd ever created in the history of cds. I would rather listen to monkees screaming.
- Brian Mitchell, Accountant

Wow. More proof that you really are a complete dickhead. A whole cd of you humming? I hope you sank a lot of money into this and starve to death.
- Robert Schaefer , Managing Director

How long did it take you to do this? This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about. If you took as much time filling in your time sheets as fucking about you would get along fine. Did you do this during work hours? Is that you humming on the disk? You sound like a fucking idiot.
- Kevin Eastwood, Account Rep

Davey. This disk of you humming is a joke? Nobody will buy a cd of someone humming. You are not even humming christmas songs. You should buy a guitar and I will teach you how to play.
- Jon de Peinder, Designer

Could only listen to about 10 seconds of each song before I began to twitch.
- Lisa Holding, Retail manager

Hi. I got your package this morning. Pretty terrible. On track 4 you can hear you doing things in the sink. It sounds like you are washing dishes or something. On track 2 you can hear a dog barking in the background and there is heaps of stuff in the other tracks. I can hear you lighting a cigarette in one of them. If you set out to make the lamest CD ever you have done a pretty good job.
- Mandy Harris, Receptionist

John - Laughing
FinnFreak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:35 am

ROFL! That's hilarious!!!!

Matthew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FinnFreak on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:55 pm

No new studio album since 'Up' from 2002 *

Seriously, what's wrong with Peter Gabriel..? Wink

* Up (2002) is the seventh studio and 13th album overall released by the British progressive rock musician Peter Gabriel.

John - Laughing
FinnFreak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FinnFreak on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:52 pm

FinnFreak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FinnFreak on Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:15 pm

NME - October 13, 2011 15:23

William Shatner admits he hadn't heard Queen's
'Bohemian Rhapsody' before covering it

Star Trek actor also covers tracks by Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath
on new LP 'Seeking Major Tom'

William Shatner - Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen cover): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmPOWJtsEGc

William Shatner has confessed that he hadn't heard Queen's classic single 'Bohemian Rhapsody' until he covered it for his new album.

The former Star Trek actor has recorded his own version of the track - which was originally released in 1975 - for his new LP 'Seeking Major Tom', which was released earlier this week (October 11) and feature covers of Pink Floyd's 'Learning To Fly' and Black Sabbath's 'Iron Man'.

But in an interview with Spinner, Shatner admitted that he had no idea about the history of Queen or Freddie Mercury until he started work on the album and had never heard 'Bohemian Rhapsody'. He said:

"I knew nothing of it until I came to it in this latter day."

Shatner, who has previously covered Pulp's 1994 single 'Common People', also said: "I don't have time to identify the songs. I love music and I listen to music, but I had no way of saying, 'That's Freddie Mercury and Queen'.

"If you had asked me a year ago about Freddie Mercury and Queen, I wouldn't be able to tell you. If you had played me 'Bohemian Rhapsody', I would have told you that it was one of the greatest pieces of music I've ever played," he added.

"It's modern and beautifully sung. And then if you would have told me about the history of Freddie Mercury and Queen, I would have gasped because it's so dramatic."

Earlier this month, Queen were honoured with the Icon award at the BMI awards. The ceremony was hosted by Broadcast Music, Inc, and rewards musicians for their airplay success in the US.

According to reports, meanwhile, Queen guitarist Brian May wants to recruit Lady Gaga to tour with the band as their singer, while drummer Roger Taylor has hinted that they could reunite for the Olympics.

John -
FinnFreak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FinnFreak on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:10 pm

CountryCalifornia.com - November 1, 2011

Country California Interviews Shania Twain

by C.M. Wilcox

We recently sat down with Shania Twain for a revealing discussion concerning chronic constipation, Dungeons and Dragons, and the woman she admires.

You can listen in on our chat through the Youtube player below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN2MuIgjxxk

* Some of Shania’s responses have been edited for length and/or content… oh, and all the questions were changed. And we probably didn’t actually speak to her. But other than that, this is exactly how it went down.

http://www.countrycalifornia.com/country-california-interviews-shania-twain/

John - Razz
FinnFreak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FinnFreak on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:11 am

FinnFreak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FinnFreak on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:09 pm

dprp.net:

Yes recruit another new singer (again?!?)

Due to medical treatment, Benoît David is missing the April dates in New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Indonesia, Hawaii, with Glass Hammer’s Jon Davison filling in.

The band then plan to return to North America and possibly Europe in the summer. Whether Benoît returns is not known at this time!

Vocalist Benoît David, a native of Montreal, Canada, has been singing with Yes since 2008. Benoît has also been the lead singer of Mystery since 1999, and has appeared on two albums: Beneath the Veil of Winter’s Face and One Among the Living. Fly From Here is Benoît’s first studio recording with Yes.

UPDATE:

“Jon Davison is coming in because of Benoit’s departure. I always hope that when there is a member change in the band that it will be a permanent thing. Only time will tell really”, founding member Chris Squire told Noise11.com this morning.
“I don’t know if I’m meant to be telling you this yet, so I guess you’ve got a scoop,”

Like Benoit David, Jon Davison was discovered fronting a Yes covers band. Benoit had joined Yes after the departure of original singer Jon Anderson. He has been suffering from respiratory failure this year and could not continue on for the Australia tour in April. However, his departure is permanent.

Yes, he has officially left Yes,” Chris says.

This band is more Spinal Tap than Spinal Tap..!

John -
FinnFreak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FinnFreak on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:08 pm

MelodicRock.com:

Press Release:

Prog rock band YES were forced to cancel the last 3 shows of their European Tour in December due to the illness of lead vocalist Benoit David who has still not recovered. To avoid disappointing their fans on the forthcoming Australasian leg of their world tour, they have found a replacement singer. Jon Davison will join YES as lead vocalist for the upcoming dates in New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Indonesia, and Hawaii. YES really appreciate Jon Davison joining them for this leg of the tour and are sure this arrangement will satisfy all YES fans.

Truth:

"Aging old fart prog band Yes, were forced to cancel 3 shows from their European Tour, therefore affecting their retirement funds, in December due to the illness of lead vocalist Benoit David who is acting like a complete pussy by not manning up an dperforming, despite being complete unable to. To avoid any further loss of votal fnd needed to support old-age drug prescriptions, and without any thought given to dumb ass fans, on the forthcoming Australasian leg of their world tour (I mean, it's Australia....they'll accept any old crap down there), they have found another stand in stooge. Jon Davison will join YES as lead vocalist for the upcoming dates in backwater New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Indonesia, and Hawaii. YES really appreciate whoever this guy is joining them for this leg of the tour and really don't give a shit if this arrangement will satisfy all YES fans. Now fuck off."

John -
FinnFreak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top