Nickelback's Mike Kroeger Interviewed

:: Entertainment :: Music

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nickelback's Mike Kroeger Interviewed

Post by 70aar on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:38 am

Nickelback's Mike Kroeger Interviewed:

http://www.downtownmagazinenyc.com/nickelbacks-mike-kroeger-talks-nickelback-touring-recording-and-hating/

I would imagine that to be a different approach from the recording you did with [AC/DC, Def Leppard, Shania Twain and Maroon 5 producer] Robert “Mutt” Lange:

Mike: Yes, vastly different approach. Although we did some of that recording in Switzerland at his studio before we did it at Chad’s studio, there’s an element of travel in that one, too. No, there was no remote “sending in big gigs of bass tapes,” that wasn’t happening…We had read and heard all this Stephen Hawking, “mad science” kind of, “he takes six weeks to get a kick drum sound,” but we didn’t do anything like that. We did some experimentation and we were dreadfully careful of what we let get through. We would be perfectionists and try to get the best emotional qualities out of everything, whether it was drums or anything…I don’t know anyone like him, he’s a one-off. There was a level of attention-to-detail that was epic in nature, no doubt, but nothing too crazy. The thing I can say about that guy in a factual nature, one hell of a singer, pretty good guitar player, incredible bass player. I don’t want to tell too many stories out of school here, but let’s just put it this way: his voice is a big part of those walls of vocals you hear, not to name names. He can sing like anybody, everybody. His gift as a singer is just immeasurable. I wish he would perform.

70aar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top